I understand from TfL’s website that you are responsible for the maintenance and smooth running of the Transport for London Road Network and the construction of the Cycle Super Highway.
Anyone who drives in London understands that Knightsbridge is one of the most congested roads in London. Many drivers know that South Carriage Drive provides an alternative route, avoiding congestion on Hyde Park Corner, Knightsbridge and Brompton Road.
I am contacting you to :
- Question why TfL have chosen to carry out maintenance works and reduce road space on Knightsbridge at the same time as closing the westbound route on South Carriage Drive.
- Request copies of documents relating to the research that was carried out to establish what the impact of closing both routes simultaneously would be on congestion, journey times and air quality.
- Find out it you considered what the impact would be on other alternate routes such as Chesham Place and Pont Street.
- Find out if you are monitoring the congestion on Knightsbridge.
- Find out what the impact has been on congestion, journey times and air quality on Knightsbridge.
- Find out if you are monitoring the congestion on alternate routes.
- Find out what the impact has been on congestion, journey times and air quality on the alternate routes.
- Find out who was responsible for the decision to carry out major works on both routes at the same time.
Please treat this inquiry as a Freedom of Information request